Jobs & Careers
NPE develops and manufactures electronic controls for professional appliances, coffee & vending machines, smart energy, building technologies and industrial markets,providing customers with solutions that make for better products, improving performance and connectivity.
NPE’s technology can be found in daily use in many products of our market-leader customers.
None of this would be possible without our precious human capital.
We set great store by the professionalism of our human resources since it has enabled us to design and manufacture products that make life better and simpler for people, and will continue to do so in the future.
Over the years NPE has built up a network of qualified and skilled employees in every department – from design to manufacture – encouraging personal and professional growth within a framework of long-term learning projects.
Besides technological upscaling, the keys to the future of NPE are team work and cooperation among all stakeholders.
Every resource counts!
NPEople are women and men who are open to change and welcome every new challenge. They are alive to market needs and work together with constancy and determination, each contributing their particular traits and aptitudes.
The work environment is dynamic, lively and professionalizing: NPE is committed to developing thorough expertise.
Are you Electronic Engineer grad student and want to do your thesis degree in our company?
Send an email to: email@example.com.
NPEople, innovation for a bright future
PRODUCT INDUSTRIALISATION ENGINEERING
The role, reporting to the R&D Director, involves the design and hardware development of electronic circuits and the industrialisation of the product, as well as the management of the laboratory validation of the product itself before mass production begins.
He/she draws up the necessary technical procedure and interfaces with the SW/FW designers for the definition and fine-tuning of the various projects.
The candidate also frequently consults with the Operations for the production start-up of new products, in particular with the aim of maximizing efficiency from the initial early stages.
It is therefore important to know:
- The unravelling of electronics circuits on single-sided, double-faced and multilayer printed circuit boards;
- The phases of printed circuit board manufacturing, electronic board assembling, reflow, wave and selective soldering;
- SW Suite: Office and CAD Altium Designer;
- IPC A-610 electronic assembly evaluation standards;
- Testing and qualification methodologies (environmental, EMC) for electronic boards;
- Certification processes for electronic boards with regulatory bodies.
The candidate must also be able to work independently and liaise with the various transversal Project Development teams, respecting the deadlines set by the PM and promptly and appropriately correcting any anomalies in the development phases.
It is fundamental that the candidate has a great knowledge of the English language.
The role, reporting to the R&D Director, is in charge of the execution of product development, from the acquisition of the concept and specifications from the customer, to the design, approval and sampling phase and the drafting of product documentation.
His/her main activities are:
- Dealing with the study and the Hardware/Firmware design of electric boards for various applications (automotive, domestic appliances…);
- Carrying out new projects and improving the existing ones in terms of quality defined by Quality Manual procedures;
- On the basis of indications, diagrams and technical data, developing designs by setting proportions, dimensions, main components and optimal solutions;
- Studying solutions that can be consistent with the chosen product architectural solution, in order to optimize design times and costs;
- Maintaining the correct relationships between improvements and upgrades introduced on the product, specifications required by Quality and standard product and process costs;
- Interfacing with suppliers in relation to the collaboration model determined by the technical director: from the simple transmission of components drawings, to codesign;
- Interfacing with the customer in the development and improvement of the product;
- Preparing the project documentation;
- Collaborating with the prototype engineers to assess certain critical variables impacting on the overall project;
- Constantly reporting on the progress of the work to the Program Managers and the manager.
The ideal candidate has a Degree in Electronic Engineering and/or an equivalent qualification.
The role should have the following competences:
- Proven experience of 3-5 years in Firmware development 8-32 bit microcontrollers with C/C++ language;
- Knowledge of the English language;
- Knowledge of the ARM/Cortex microcontroller platform is considered preferable.
Other required competences are:
- Basic knowledge in the development of SMPS power supplies and DC/DC converters;
- Knowledge of the development of “touch” type user interfaces;
- Knowledge of the development of colour interfaces (TFT) with touch screen is preferential;
- Knowledge of the Linux and/or Android operative system;
- Development of Brushless DC and AC motor controls;
- Knowledge of E-CAD (Altium is preferential).
Use of SAP, Autocad, Altium, team working, precision, ability to develop projects, problem solving, planning, organisation, analytical skills, economic sensitivity, overview, decision making, verbal communication, interpersonal skills, flexibility/adaptability, autonomy, stress tolerance, reliability, knowledge of English.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
This role, reporting to the Quality Manager, will be in charge of ensuring that the QMS (Quality Management System) guarantees the quality and reliability of products and processes.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’s experience in the same role or in Quality Assurance.
His/her main activities are the following:
- Supporting company functions in identifying and implementing actions to optimise and improve the quality of processes;
- Drafting and updating the QMS documentation in bilingual Italian-English format, in compliance with the times and priorities assigned and liaising with the company functions;
- Actively participating in the audits of the certifying bodies in NPE and contributing to the success of the same, working to implement any corrective actions and coordinating the other bodies in the relative activities;
- Handling relations with certification bodies and planning third-party audits;
- Carrying out training activities on the use of procedures, explaining their advantages and checking their application and effectiveness;
- Carrying out inspection and verification activities in the field to assess the applicability of new system procedures;
- Supporting the Romanian plant in the implementation of its own Quality Management System;
- Contributing to the day-to-day activities of the Quality department in the temporary absence of colleagues according to the priorities given by his/her Manager.
The role’s main responsibilities are the following:
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of a quality culture in the company;
- Contributing to the definition of the Quality Policy and verifying its implementation;
- Developing, continuously updating and sharing procedures at company level;
- Organising and carrying out internal audits on company processes to check the application of procedures and any need to update them;
- Promoting and coordinating internal audits of production departments to verify the application of procedures;
- Coordinating activities relating to the attainment of ISO 9001 certification as well as IATF 16949 certification;
- Coordinating activities relating to the audits of the bodies involved by supporting the bodies involved;
- In collaboration with R&D/Technical department, contributing to obtaining and maintaining product certifications;
- Contributing to the definition of quality training and education plans;
- Coordinating the creation of the Romanian plant’s quality management system;
- Collaborating proactively with the company’s various departments. Participating in continuous improvement activities; contributing to the achievement of product, service or internal process quality objectives.
Required skills and competences:
- Knowledge of the English language (level B2/C1), particularly in written form
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 standards
- Knowledge of quality tools, such as PPAP, APQP, FMEA, MSA, Ishikawa, 5w, PDCA, 8D methodology, SWOT analysis
- Knowledge of Control Plans
- Basic knowledge of measuring systems analysis (MSA);
- Degree in engineering or technical/business economics disciplines
- Qualification as an ISO 9001 first and second party auditor (preferably qualified as an IATF 16949:2016 or VDA6.3 Auditor)
- Knowledge of the Office suite (in particular Excel and Word advanced level)
- Knowledge of risk analysis and management methodology
- At least 2 years’ experience in QMS (Quality Management Systems) management
- Ability to analyse and synthesise business processes
- Problem solving, resourcefulness and proactivity
- Orientation towards results and continuous improvement
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to organise and plan one’s workload
- Ability to manage projects, including the involvement of various corporate bodies
- Flexibility, audacity, autonomy
Preferential requirements are:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering and/or Management Engineering
- Knowledge of the production process of electronic boards and assembles
- Previous use of SAP
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies and tools, statistical process control (SPC)
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610, IPC-A-600, IPC 7711/7721 standards
- Reading wiring diagrams, component datasheets
- Reading mechanical drawings
- Previous experience in the automotive field
- Knowledge of PPAP, FMEA, APQP and Control Plan, Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Knowledge of metrology, calibration methodologies and calibration verification, R&R studies.
If you want to submit your spontaneous application send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the curriculum and indicating the desired position.